Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Ha! I'm BLOGGING.

Hokey dokey. Assuming the 4 or 5 people that read this thing don't want to hear the banal details of my day-to-day, I'll share recent highlights.
My sister has been coming up to Salt Lake on the weekends a lot more frequently to stay with Ashton and I. Mainly because we have Call of Duty and a cuddly cat, but I digress. Sometimes we actually do fun things too! Exhibit A: BOWLING. I might have been in charge of typing in our names, or Bowling Aliases if you will. I think I'm funny.
Bowling Alias: Gutterslut (An attempt on my part to mess with her psyche, eventually giving me the strategic advantage.)
 
Bowling Alias: Ballsy. (A slightly humorous anatomical reference on my part. The price he pays for being the only male in our party.)




The next weekend, we all packed up and went to the zoo.

The Hogle Zoo managed to get some animals since the last time I went. (Except Lions. We couldn't find a damn lion anywhere, which was very upsetting to me, because there are very few places in the world that I can shout THIS:
and not seem insane.)
Despite my lion disappointment, they did have a cute pachyderm or two.

After the Zoo visit, Mackenzie went home, and Ashton and I ventured to our favorite local watering hole, and participated in one of my favorite Sunday activities, Geeks Who Drink. It's a pub quiz, that we frequently LOSE when we participate. We met up with one of my best friends and sister wife, Jamie, and rapidly fell to last place. This is us losing:
as you can see, we aren't terribly concerned, since this frequently occurs.
I like this particular game, because you can get points for being witty, even if the answer is wrong. Still, all the witticisms in the world couldn't save us from certain defeat. And yet, in the second to last round... a miracle. We used a joker to double the points in an already double points round... and... believe it or not, we won!
$50 and bragging rights were ours for the evening! I was so excited I almost sang karaoke. Almost. (To be fair, I AM Lana Del Rey when I sing.) CLICK ME IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LANA DEL REY REFERENCE. 

Okay, click me too.

So it isn't that impressive, but I LOVE trivia and winning was fun. We still have $15 dollars to spend if someone wants to come play...

My hunny loves to brew homemade beers, and he's actually REALLY good at it. Really really good. One Saturday recently when the weather was incredibly nice, he and his brewing partner took their craft to the front porch (yes, we are those people), and got to brewing. I, being the loving and supportive girlfriend that I am, sat on my tushy and enjoyed the show.

 
No, I wasn't drinking beer. Yes, I'm a wuss. No, I don't care.
Watching him do science is fun, but it's even more fun accompanied by contraband beverages that AREN'T beer. I'm a party pooper! 
 
On the release night of Iron Man 3, Ashton and I donned freshly purchased Stark Swag and went to the midnight showing. (When I say midnight showing, I mean 11 p.m.. Who decided it was okay to start showing movies at 9 and 11 p.m. the day before release??? I think it's no fun.)
Yes, our shirts match. No, I don't care what people think. Yes, I love being that couple.
I LOVED the movie, but I love all the Iron Man movies. I don't know if you guys know this... but... I'M PEPPER POTTS. Okay, I'm not. But I am. ...


Finally, I graduated from the University of Utah on May 3! Unfortunately, I'm not at all photogenic, and the photograph that turned out the best happens to be the photo of me fixing my hair, so, enjoy.
It was a really great day! I'm amazed that I'm surrounded by so many people who love and support me, and can manage to get them all to show up in one place at the same time just for ME. It's insane to comprehend.
...and now you're all caught up! You may all return to your regularly scheduled programming.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your graduation! Looks like things are going really well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALECIA!!! It's fun to hear your update. I'm glad to see you are happy! Let me know about wedding details, I would love to come! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete